Bob Ong Books to Turn to Movies via VIVA Films

________________________________________________________________________________________
Contract signing between Bob Ong's Publisher and VIVA Films. I say VIVA to VIVA Films!
When I learned about this news, I said to myself "at least the Philippine movie industry is becoming sensible'" (because I am not a fan of heavy drama and "magic-magic thing" in the big screen). I have always wanted realistic stories with social relevance and I owe them to indie films (except for Pink movies, err).

I have read Bob Ong's books when I was in first year college when an old friend turned classmate introduced it to me inside an open-air bus going to our filed trip in Manila in the middle of the night wherein the lights inside the bus were dimmed.

From that moment, I never stopped reading the book. What I love about his books is that they are all funny yet sensible. In fact when I was in high school and even in the grade school years, his style in writing was my style too (yay! maybe I am just preoccupied with Bob Ong right before I met his books, lol).

Seriously, Bob Ong influenced me with his style of writing not until the later months when I started my travel blog because I really have to be serious with that according to my faith. LOL!

Going back to the main event, Visprint Media, Bob Ong's publisher, signed a movie contract with VIVA films. According to the news, Bob Ong was hesitant at first but in the end he gave in.

VIVA Films bought the rights of two of his books and his epic book "Lumayo ka nga Sa Akin" will be turning into a movie. The said book is a parody of the Philippine movie industry.

Until now, Bob Ong doesn't want to appear publicly because according to him, he is not after the fame because he is afraid he might not handle the fame in the long run. He rather prefer a simple life

The profits of the movie that is due to Bob Ong will be donated to Kapuso Foundation. Wow! Bob Ong you're such an inspiration and I hope I can meet you someday although I know that you don't want your real identity to be known The more you hide, the more we seek, hehe.

Let's support this upcoming movie guys! 


________________________________________________________________________________________ CLICK HERE TO GO TO THE HOME PAGE | LATEST POSTS
________________________________________________________________________________________

Copyright 2009 Simplex Celebs � All rights reserved � Designed by SimplexDesign